My husband arrived home from work. He came into the room and I was barely able to walk. I was dizzy, in pain, and couldn't see straight. I felt like when I'm in labor. He helped me to the room and there, laying on our bed, was the tiniest most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen. I ran to her and scooped her up and said, looking down at my tiny 11 week baby bump, "is she mine?!" He took her from me and said, "no, you can't have her". In the dream he had an explanation of who she belonged to which was just strange dream nonsense, but I took her back in my arms, memorized her features, and thought this tiny perfect baby was the cutest thing I had ever seen. Her little nose was turned up just the slightest bit. Then the dream ended and I woke up. That was two days ago.
Today I saw a baby on ultrasound that will never be mine...when the screen turned so I could see her profile, she had the cutest little upturned nose I had ever seen. They believe our sweet baby died a couple days ago at a couple days past 11 weeks....the day I had that dream. I am wavering between absolute peace and thankfulness to the love and mercy of God and absolute devastation where I feel like I will cry forever. One thing is for sure, our baby was very sick. Though perfectly formed in many places, there was a "bubble" coming off the side of the head. A really severe malformation of the head/brain. The Lord, in His unending mercy, took our baby from this valley of sorrow to complete healing. I am so thankful that this baby's Heavenly Father loves him or her so very much that He chose to bring this child home instead of going through whatever trauma could have unfolded from a later miscarriage or birth with this serious of a problem. But my heart breaks into a million pieces that I will never hold this child in this life.
Death is a terrible bastard, but death, where is your sting?! Where grave your victory?! I triumph still because my Jesus abides with me. Come soon Lord Jesus.
Until we meet again, dear sweet baby.
UPDATE: The "severe malformation" the u/s technician thought she saw was actually a remaining part of the yolk sac and completely normal. Our baby was born with no visible malformations to speak of. So while we do not know why our baby had to go, we are ever reliant on God's mercy and wisdom. <3

No words. Just prayers upon prayers. May the Peace that passes all understanding protect you, surround you, envelope you, and sustain you.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying. And we're always here.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry. I just went through this last December. May God grant you the peace of the resurrection in Christ as you mourn your baby. Psalm 73:25-26
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Melanie. Praying for your recovery.
ReplyDeleteFrom the song:
God be with you and your baby 'til you meet again.
By His counsels guide, uphold you,
With His sheep securely fold you,
God be with you till you meet again.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with your family.
ReplyDeleteI am so, so sorry. May our Lord enfold you with His tender care as you weep, and be your strength as you walk through the days ahead.
ReplyDeleteI cried when I read this. I pray for God's comfort for you during this time.
ReplyDeleteCome soon, Lord Jesus, indeed. Amen, Melanie.
ReplyDeleteWeeping with you. Lord have mercy.
ReplyDeleteDear friend I've never met, I am crying and praying with you. May the wounds of our tender Savior be your strength and the sure hope of the Resurrection be your solace. God keeps His promises. Mourning will yield to Morning. Come, Lord Jesus!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your family. Lord have mercy.
ReplyDeleteI pray for God's peace in your heart and in your home in this sad time. (((Melrose))) (Wish I could give you a hug for real.)
ReplyDelete