"Some went down to the sea in ships, doing business on the great waters; they saw the deeds of the Lord, His wondrous works in the deep. For he commanded and raised the stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea. They mounted up to heaven; they went down to the depths; their courage melted away in their evil plight;
they reeled and staggered like drunken men and were at their wits' end. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven." Psalm 107:23-30

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hope Rocks

Today I called a small family owned business in Nebraska to order a memorial stone for our baby. sigh. This never gets normal and never feels good.

The design for her stone I like has a cross at the top with wedding bands intertwined at the bottom...after all, departed or not she is a blessing of our one flesh union. On either side will be ivy vines.

Under the decorations at the top will be her name, Anastasia Joy, followed by her birthday 2-18-13.

At the very bottom will be a small hand print.

The family that owns the business is a Christian family that had 4 boys and then a daughter and they are expecting again. They also homeschool. But even further, she also suffered a miscarriage when her fourth son was 1!! It was crazy how similar our stories are. I am so thankful I found them online, can support a family business, and I will share pictures of the stone she and her husband design.

Here is their website: www.hoperocks.com

And yea, hope DOES rock. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Melrose,

    I just found this, and wanted to let you know we will try and get some designs for you ASAP.

    Thanks for trusting us with this special project.

    David
    Hope Rocks
    www.HopeRocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm so thankful I found your business. The Lord truly provides. I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Christ keep you and your family.

    ReplyDelete