If you ever have a friend or family member that miscarries here's something you should NOT say:
"Hey, don't worry, the first cycle following a miscarriage is, like, SO fertile! You will probably not only get pregnant but with TWINS."
Because, folks, when she does not get pregnant she will not only have mixed feelings (she'll either be relieved because she DID just get done with an entire first trimester of morning sickness and was very in love with her baby and did not want that baby "replaced" so quickly or she could be very sad that she does not have a chance to replace death with life) but she could also end up feeling like something is completely and utterly wrong with her. Not only did her body not allow her baby to live but it can't even get pregnant again when it's "very fertile".
Abide with me, fast falls the even tide, the darkness deepens, Lord with me abide. When other helpers fail and comforts flee, Oh Thou who changest not, Abide with me.
"Some went down to the sea in ships, doing business on the great waters; they saw the deeds of the Lord, His wondrous works in the deep. For he commanded and raised the stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea. They mounted up to heaven; they went down to the depths; their courage melted away in their evil plight;
they reeled and staggered like drunken men and were at their wits' end. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven." Psalm 107:23-30
they reeled and staggered like drunken men and were at their wits' end. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven." Psalm 107:23-30
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just did this :( My youngest will be closer to 3 than 2 if we conceive next month when (if) the baby is born. So weird when all my kids thus far are 13-20 months apart.
ReplyDeleteBut God is good and his mercy endures forever. And I have 4 beautiful, baptized children. Thanks be to God.
Yea, if I were to get pregnant this cycle my baby would be born smack dab in the middle of december. Yea, when the hubs is a Pastor and the birthdays/anniversary in our family already fall in Nov, 4 in Dec and 1 the first week in January. sigh. My baby was due in August. I was finally getting a summer baby.
ReplyDeleteGod is good indeed. I'm so sorry for your pain, thanks for sharing...it's nice to not be so alone.
:) I was due April 16, and all our other birthdays are between late July and January, so I too was looking forward to celebrating a birthday in a month with no other birthdays (even in our extended family). I had chosen Anastasia for a girl's name since the baby would have been born in Easter, and now I don't know if I can throw that name in the hat again. The funny little things that upset us. I'm praying for you!
ReplyDeleteAwww, sigh, Anastasia was never even on my radar...my husband chose it and I was so touched that he thought of such a sweet name. I would love to hear of a friend using that name for a living child. :) But I understand not wanting to use names for one reason or another! I'm praying for you too sister.
ReplyDelete