Obviously, most basically speaking, first and foremost my desire for my children is that they learn to love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, and soul and to love their neighbor as themselves. Second I want them to have the desire and tools to be able to learn whatever it is they want to learn in order to make a living for themselves in something that allows them to serve their Lord and their neighbor while also having fun and being able to provide for whatever family God gives them.
But I guess I struggle with how to make their childhood life at home lead them in that direction. Our life feels so minute to minute, so pieced together like some kind of piece quilt. When I look at the big picture of what our year has already held I'm amazed at the learning experiences and things they've accomplished that rival projects I saw presented in middle school. But sometimes I panic that life isn't more all laid out for me with a+b= successful independent child. Instead this learning and growing and training of a child is an endless path of adjusting, changing, and reworking. If public school education is a jigsaw puzzle, home schooling sometimes feels like balloon art.
First can I hit it, second will it pop, third, eh heck, let's try it, we can always blast a different one later...
My boys are only a few years older than yours, so I don't have very much more of a complete picture than you have now. But I will tell you that in just a few more years you will be even more amazed at how far all of them get. I can only imagine that in a few more years after that we will be even more amazed. Just keep working at your goals...
ReplyDelete