I suppose I should start with a birth announcement. *big smile* Our fifth child was born on Thursday October 30th at 5:07pm. And.....IT'S A BOY!!! We are the proud parents of FIVE little cowboys. He weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and was 19 inches long.
The story of his birth is somewhat exhausting to try and write up right now as it was full of the strange and unexpected but I promise to share it soon. But the thing that rings out in my heart is the verse above. Though so many times the week of our son's birth I was certain things were about to spiral out of control into places I did not want to go, the Lord, in His tender mercy, instead led me beside still waters, quieted my soul, and brought me safely to the other side with the most beautiful baby boy in the world.
I can't share his name here, if you know me personally feel free to email me, but his first name means "God has comforted." and his middle name means "God has helped." I think that pretty nicely sums up our journey of the past year and a half. :)
Abide with me, fast falls the even tide, the darkness deepens, Lord with me abide. When other helpers fail and comforts flee, Oh Thou who changest not, Abide with me.
"Some went down to the sea in ships, doing business on the great waters; they saw the deeds of the Lord, His wondrous works in the deep. For he commanded and raised the stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea. They mounted up to heaven; they went down to the depths; their courage melted away in their evil plight;
they reeled and staggered like drunken men and were at their wits' end. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven." Psalm 107:23-30
they reeled and staggered like drunken men and were at their wits' end. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven." Psalm 107:23-30
Monday, November 3, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So. Very. Happy. Maybe I shouldn't be crying, but I can't help it :) Congratulations on your very dear blessing!
ReplyDelete:) Thank you for crying tears of joy with me. How I love my sisters in Christ!!! (((())))
ReplyDeleteWe had the same title for our blogs today! Is he baptized yet? I will have a difficult time not thinking of him as Genesis. I don't think I know any of your boys names. We are so happy for you!
ReplyDelete